You did your research and learn to install plates based cement, tiles, glue and all unforeseen aspects of a construction project. Make put blood, sweat and tears in the work of the shower with new tile, and the end result shows your effort. However, the remaining step, grout tile shower, you can easily make or break the quality of your tile project. Remember to use sanded grout for grout lines of 1/8 inch (0.31 cm) or larger, and for use unhanded grout lines less than 1/8 inch (0.31 cm).
Consistency and application
Achieving the correct consistency of the slurry is the first secret of this for tiles for the shower. For example, the slurry is too thin or “soup” made a terrible mess that needs cleaning additional and unnecessary physical effort. Those skilled in place tiles mixed until a slurry consistency and the average thickness applied with a rubber spatula new. Which apply rubbing in grout lines, then “cut” the excess back at an angle of 45 degrees with rubber spatula. Also, make sure the grout compact grout joints, preventing any formation of hollow point in it.
Test area and take your time
When grouting begins slowly and rub an area of initial test to see how it responds to the slurry material. This way you can get an idea of how far you can get the grout. For example, if the grout dries within minutes, it is a good idea not to pay too much grout too fast. Take your time and do good work, extend the grout too far can result in disaster tiles.
Wait 30 minutes to an hour to allow grout joints to dry until a medium consistency before washing the excess grout with a sponge and water. Faster drying times are possible in the heat; slower drying times are common in cold conditions. Read the manufacturer’s instructions to know the proper temperature of the slurry. Try to speed things up by washing too early only make the grout lines and restoring whole process slurry is washed. Also, keep in mind that often the grout dries faster on the tile surface but is still wet in the grout lines. Keep free shower tiles grout as much as possible during the process to prevent damage to the surface of the tiles.
Expert’s tillers use a liberating grout (also known as penetrating sealer) to seal the surface of porous natural stone or ceramic tile shower. A grout release effectively blocking much of the staining properties of cement slurries and prevents them from drying too quickly in the joints or on the surface of the tile. Stores and home improvement providers are penetrating sealers tiles used as a grout release.
Create a plan of a bathroom is an important step process of remodeling and design. Ensures you have enough space for all the components you want. It also serves as a guide for the project to reform the bathroom. You can create a simple plane. Some experience in remodeling and improvements home will give you a better idea of how to distribute the components of the bathroom on the plane.
- Measures the bath area. Note the niches, the wardrobes, the shower and other forms of the room.
- Make a diagram of the bathroom on a piece of graph paper. Use the steps and squares of paper to make a scale drawing.
- Prefabricated indicated in the drawing if they are to remain in the same place objects. Further notes the doors, windows, outlets, lighting fixtures and pipe connections in the reference plane.
- Make a list of the items you want to put in the bathroom, and the toilet, shower, tub, toilet, mirror, lighting devices, unloading laundry, linen closet and anything else you want to add in the room.
- Choose a place of great items like the shower, tub, toilet and vanity. Note the location of the pipes if you want to remodel an existing bathroom. If you’re starting debris, considered the best circulation of the room, Make sure there is enough space around each object for easy use.
- Add small items such as lights, towel bars and other objects whose placement is flexible. Choose the location of these elements in relation to the others in the room. For example, the bar wants towels near the shower and light fixtures on the dresser to give good working light.
- Check the signal from each element in the plane of the bathroom to make sense of the design. Pieces of masking tape marks work well for the shapes and sizes of objects on the ground. Also you can cut pieces of cardboard to represent them. Controls the flow of the room and makes the necessary adjustments.
The concrete blocks are necessary for many construction projects, particularly those outside, as fences and walls. You can buy concrete blocks to different manufacturers, but if you need them tailored for specific projects, or if you just want to save some money, you can do it yourself. Home blocks can give profit if you do for sale. Once you master it, the process is not difficult.
- Place the molds of concrete in the way you want remaining blocks. You can buy in different stores or make them yourself, using bricks or stones as models.
- Use a cement mixer with clean sand. The ratio should be 3 parts sand to 1 part cement to normal concrete classes. For a stronger concrete beam mixing 2 parts sand to 1 part cement
- Add gravel or limestone to the mixer. The amount of gravel should be almost equal to the mixture of sand and concrete: 3 parts gravel to 2 parts sand, 1 part cement more. You may need to experiment a little: much gravel, you cannot achieve a consistency smooth on your concrete.
- Add water slowly, stirring until it reaches the right consistency. You can control while stir mixture, removing a sample with a shovel and put a little on the Abrams cone, measuring how the mixture sits. When seated around 3 to 4 inches (7.5 to 10 cm) in the cone, the mixture containing the correct combination of ingredients.
- Concrete mixing continued for several more minutes until the whole mixture becomes consistent.
- Spray the inside of your mold with a water-based product to unmold concrete. This allows you to remove the concrete block once it has hardened.
- Pour the concrete carefully into the mold, then leveled top mason using a shovel or a wooden board. Hits a little mix to settle and eliminates air bubbles that have in the mold.
- Allow the concrete to dry at least 24 hours before attempting to remove the mold. Then press down the entire mold while pulling up block. The block must be left alone and can be used again to make more blocks.
Tips & Warnings
- Once you’ve put the concrete into molds, clean everything quickly. Concrete is much easier to remove from clothing and equipment when it is still wet.
- Always wear protective clothing and cover your nose and mouth while you mix the concrete. The smell is usually very ugly and a respirator prevent any kind of dust aspires.
Living in a small space can be tricky. It’s easy to feel overwhelmed when nothing has its own place. A bedroom should be practical and is hard when one does not know where things are. Any small bedroom can be maximized choosing the colors wisely by focusing on the function and preventing disorder at all costs.
- Pick a color that makes the most of the space. If you intend to paint the whole room, opt for a clear tone. If you are determined to use a dark color, choose a wall to paint and leave the rest of the room with a neutral color.
- Apply two coats to achieve a uniform color.
- Use a palette of colors to choose which can be combined with the rest of the room. Try Color smart in Behr.com to make a wise decision. Opt for quilts, art and accessories to complement the room.
- In a small room all must serve for a purpose. Whenever possible, you have that things have two purposes. Choose a bed that is also used to sit. For a very small room, opt for a futon that can function as a sofa during the day or even a murphy bed those folds into the wall.
- Place a yoga mat under a carpet comfortable to have to lift just to have a place to do your exercises.
- Choose lighting devices that are versatile. Place floor lamps that have shelves built to avoid having to place them on a wall.
- Keep flat surfaces ordered. Once you’ve lost the battle with the nightstand, will continue with the desktop. Don’t leave papers and trash accumulates on the table to keep your room tidy and make it look bigger.
- Everything should have its place. If you need a specific item you should have a designated storage location. You do not need an item, throw it away or donate it to avoid clutter in your room.
- Take it or leave it. You must get rid of anything you have not used for over a year.
Both the installation of a bathtub new and replacement of old coating require a new seal. The version silicone lasts longer, comes in several colors and adheres well to the tiles. To seal around your tub is important to remove mold and prevent damage of the water that occurs on the walls. With a methodical approach, the right materials and a few tips, you will achieve your sealing silicone without much trouble.
- Place a few sheets of newspaper on the basis of the tub to avoid wear on the surface with your shoes, or you can take them off if you prefer.
- Apply two horizontal lines of masking tape parallel to the junction of the tub wall (both at a distance of 3/8 to 1/2 inches (1 to 1.5 cm) of bonding). Applies both on the surface of the tub and the wall, along the entire length of the joint to be sealed with silicone. Press firmly to ensure adhesion.
- Locate a cartridge of silicone sealant to seal the gun. Press the trigger until you feel a slight resistance. With a knife or a wire cutter, carefully cut the tip of the tube with a slight angle (45 degrees or less).
- Place yourself in the tub to work, perhaps in a kneeling position. For a firmer stand, take the gun with both hands; place your right hand on the trigger and the other in the gun barrel.
- Place the tip of the cartridge in a corner of the tub area to be sealed with the tip pointing angle against the surfaces of the tub and wall. Gently but firmly press the trigger and start drawing a line of sealant from the corner. In one continuous motion, slowly apply a line of equal size of the silicone material within the boundaries of the masking tape and continues until reaching the other corner.
- Flatten the sealer line with your finger (slightly moist) or with a plastic spoon using the convex side, pressing it against the area of the junction as you go. Remove excess sealant spoon or your finger frequently to avoid that extends beyond the boundaries of the masking tape. Continue doing this around the tub, in a couple and continuous line.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 for all sides of the tub.
- Inspect the masking tape to make sure the silicone is light and finely close to the edge of the tape. This will make it easier to remove the tape. Clean any excess with a damp cloth or paper towel.
- Remove the masking tape starting with an easy end to lift; gently pull the tape out of the tub or wall perpendicular. If you notice that some of the silicone material begins to rise when the tape strips, quit, and returned to accommodate the material to be detached.
- Allow the silicone to dry for 24-48 hours to prevent evil cured material loses its effectiveness as a sealant.
Tips & Warnings
- To achieve better adhesion, make sure the entire area is dry before applying the silicone.
- Some tubes have an internal sealing plug that needs to be pierced with a screwdriver or a nail (be sure to remove all the silicone material of the tools that you use for this job).
- To prevent the sealing material from escaping the tube release the pressure on the gun until you are ready to use it.
- Wait at least two hours before removing the masking tape, and you’ll want to do this while silicone is still wet.
- Read the manufacturer’s instructions for safe work regarding the silicone sealant materials.
- Be careful with knives and other cutting tools.
- Use suitable protective clothing (such as recommended by manufacturers and tools).
A cistern toilet running constantly could be a signal of different problems with your bathroom. The tank (as it is called in the UK and parts of Europe) keeps the supply of water from the toilet to flush. A valve load fills the toilet after flushing while spray valve allows water out of the cistern. You do not have to wait for a repairman to understand how to repair a cistern. There are a few common problems that happen to tanks frequently.
Cut water supply
- Check the location of the leak in the tank, if the problem is a leak, as this can give you an idea of the location of the problem. If the leak is in the rear of the tank could be the supply pipe, hose connection to the outlet or the tank bolts. If it is below the tank portion connecting the toilet bowl, you may have a leak in a valve spray.
- The first step in treating any problems with the tank’s cut the water supply, the water supply valve is located below or to the side of the tank. Turn the handle to the right at the end of the supply to stop the flow of water to the tank. Squeeze the handle firmly to drain the water from inside a bowl.
- Place a towel on the floor underneath the tank to catch the water that you can leave.
- Loosen the hose with pliers or pipe water from the bottom of the tank.
- Replace a broken load valve by loosening the nut under the valve with a wrench. Take the tank valve and replace it with broken load a new one. Place a layer of silicone grease on the bottom of the valve plug will help you maintain a tight connection.
- Tightly screwed to the bolts in the bottom of the tank with a wrench to stop a leak in the tank nut, Use a screwdriver to keep the fixed bolts in the tank while the squeeze or ask someone to hold. If that does not stop the leak, check the caps on top of the pins as they can start to separate after a while underwater. Replace them if necessary.
- Heat loosens bolts tank bottom and bring them out of the rear of the bath. Turn the tank and loosen the nut below. Remove the drain tube assembly and spray valve after disengage chain spray. Replace it with new spray valve and tighten the retaining nut. Reconnect the chain handle.
The windows give character and light to your home, but can also be your greatest risk of safety. Burglars and intruders look through your windows to determine if you’ll be their next target, and often use those windows as point of entry to your home. Make your windows burglar-proof; can be achieved either by ensuring windows or replacing your existing windows with an updated product.
Securing existing windows
- Ensures the windows by inserting a screw key through the window or replacing your current insurance with a key lever.
- Install screws into the top rails of sliding windows. The window should only pass the screw as it moves, so there is no space for wobbling the window and remove it from the rails. You can also install a key lock for added security.
- Remove the operating handle casement windows. For added security, install a lock on the rail of the leaf.
- Make latches with key slide into the basement windows, if they do not have latches.
Replace existing windows
- Replaces the current windows by laminated glass windows. Intruders have difficulty breaking the laminated glass due to the layer of security or vinyl plastic that is sandwiched between the glass sheets.
- Consider using tempered glass to replace your windows. Tempered glass is 5 times stronger than normal glass, making it difficult for thieves to break it.
- Use glass wiring in the basement or less visible windows. The cables are visible, so it is a less optimal choice for intruders.
- Install railings set to the foundation of your home for greater security in high-crime areas.
Tips & Warnings
- Make sure at least one window in each bedroom, in the first and second floor, accessible as an emergency exit.